Junior League of Lafayette’s 24th annual Tinsel & Treasures holiday market tickets are on sale now!
LAFAYETTE, LA – Tickets for Acadiana’s largest holiday shopping market are on sale now!
Junior League of Lafayette’s 24th annual Tinsel & Treasures Holiday Market, held at the CAJUNDOME Convention Center, runs Sept. 28-30, and kicks off with the annual Preview Party on Wednesday, Sept. 27.
“Tinsel & Treasures Holiday Market is a one-stop shopping experience and a great opportunity to get your early holiday shopping done, all while benefiting the community,” said Melissa Boudreaux 2017 Tinsel & Treasures Chair. “Every ticket sold allows Junior League of Lafayette to invest additional dollars into our community programs for women and children.”
Market vendors include some of the local favorites as well as other merchants from across the country. More than 140 boutique-like shops include jewelry, food, gifts, toys, home décor and apparel.
“From children’s apparel to home décor, there is something for everyone,” Boudreaux said. “We are thrilled to bring new merchandise as well as the usual favorites to shoppers this year. Last year, Junior League of Lafayette contributed 24,842 volunteer hours and more than $52,000 in community grants to local agencies and programs that are committed to the general well-being of women and the healthy development of children. We are proud to offer Tinsel & Treasures to our community as one way to help give back to the Lafayette area.”
This year’s Children’s Event, which takes place on Saturday morning during the market, is themed “The Night Before Christmas,” and children are encouraged to attend in their favorite pajamas! Tickets for the Children’s Event include market entry on Saturday, a picture and visit with Santa Claus, kid-friendly activities and breakfast. Children’s Event tickets are $25 for children. A general market admission ticket is required for adult entry to the Children’s Event. All children under 1 year of age are free. A Children’s Event VIP Experience is also available for $40 for children. VIP extras include no line for Santa pictures, reserved seating and an interactive adventure with holiday characters.
Tinsel & Treasures market and events information:
- General market:
- 28 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Strollers permitted on Sept. 28 from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. only.
- 29 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- 30 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Single-day entry is $10 in advance or $12.50 plus fees at the door. Children 10 and younger are admitted free.
- Preview Party, Celebrating 60 years of Junior League of Lafayette – co-sponsored by Stuller Family Foundation and Dr. Melanie Fowler, Orthodontic Studio – Sept. 27 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Tickets are $50 per person. This cocktail event includes exclusive early shopping, food, drinks, raffles, a silent auction, and one additional day of market entry.
- Preferred Shopping – sponsored by Eddy Knight Family Foundation – Sept. 28 from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Tickets are $25 per person and limited quantities are available.
- Santa Sneak Peek – sponsored by Lafayette Schools Credit Union – Sept. 28 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. This is a free event with a general admission ticket and includes a complimentary picture with Santa Claus.
- Cocoa with Mrs. Claus – sponsored by John A. Hendry, DDS – Sept. 28 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. This is a free event with a general admission ticket.
- Ladies Night – co-sponsored by Andrus Boudreaux Complete Title, Engel & Voelkers, and Preferred Lending Solutions – Sept. 29 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. This is a free event with a general admission ticket.
- Children’s Event – co-sponsored by Keaty and Gouri Pediatric Dentistry – Sept. 30 from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Tickets are $25 per child, children 1 year of age and under are admitted free of charge. VIP Experience available starting at 8 a.m. for $40 per child. Adults are admitted with a general admission ticket. Limited quantities are available.
- Muffins & Mimosas – sponsored by Levin Endodontics – Sept. 30 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. This is a free event with a general admission ticket.
- Free shuttle services – co-sponsored by Precision Rehabilitation, Tuten Title, and Assurance Financial – will be available during market hours to deliver shoppers from overflow parking areas to the CAJUNDOME Convention Center.
- Sparkle & Shine Raffle – sponsored by Lee Michaels Fine Jewelry – Tickets are available for purchase for $10 each now through Sept. 30. The drawing will be held on Sept. 30 at 4:45 p.m. Winners need not be present to win but must be 18 years or older.
- First prize is a 28 mm Rolex made of Stainless Steel and 18 karat yellow gold. The retail value is $9,150.
- Second prize is a $2,500 Lee Michaels Fine Jewelry shopping spree.
- Third prize is $1,000 cash.
Market, event and raffle tickets can be purchased from Junior League of Lafayette members, in person at Junior League of Lafayette headquarters (located at 504 Richland Avenue in River Ranch) or by phone at 337.988.2739. Beginning Sept. 27, market tickets will be available for purchase at the CAJUNDOME Box Office. Single-day market entry is $10 in advance or $12.50 plus fees at the door. Children 10 years old and younger are admitted free. For more information visit juniorleagueoflafayette.com. Raffle tickets are $10 each and may also be purchased online at juniorleagueoflafayette.com or in person at Lee Michaels Fine Jewelry (located at 4235 Ambassador Caffery Parkway in Lafayette in the Whole Foods shopping center).
Since 1993, support of Tinsel & Treasures, JLL’s largest fundraiser, has enabled the League to invest more than $5.3 million into community programs to support the general well-being of women and the healthy development of children in Lafayette. Junior League of Lafayette’s community programs include Kids in the Kitchen, Junior Quiz Bowl, Jump with Jill, SMILES, Girls on the Run and NO FEAR NO FUTURE.
About Junior League of Lafayette
Junior League of Lafayette is a nonprofit organization of more than 600 women who are committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. Last year, Junior League of Lafayette contributed 24,842 volunteer hours to community agencies and programs that are committed to the general well-being of women and the healthy development of children.
For more information about Junior League of Lafayette and its community service programs, please call (337) 988-2739 or visit www.juniorleagueoflafayette.com.