Real Talk on Weight Loss
What this trendy topic is and is not about
The nutritional industry, particularly as it pertains to weight loss, is one of the most heavily polluted industries. The weight-loss industry generates tens of billions of dollars every single year – largely fueled during this season.
Profit seekers wants you to believe that the latest supplement or prescription weight loss drug is going to be the solution to all your weight loss woes. Nothing could be further from the truth.
What Weight Loss is NOT About
- Cutting calories and/or skipping meals
- Eliminating carbohydrates or real sources of sugar (fruit, etc.)
- Exercising yourself to death
- Using fad “dieting” and cleanses
- Detoxification or other “buzzwords” for gimmick approaches
- Using any one-size-fits all approach to nutrition
What Weight Loss IS About
- Using real food to supply the body with necessary nutrition for health
- Using real food to ensure optimal energy production and conservation
- Using real food to repair past metabolic damage created by “yo-yo” dieting and fad approaches
- Learning how the body works in order to balance thyroid function and achieve overall hormonal balance
- Appreciating the role the digestive system plays in creating health and knowing what foods are “friendly” with the system and which are not
Any real system of nutrition is one that fosters health. It should be completely customized to the individual in question.