Spotlighting the Seniors
Spring time is a season for new beginnings and fresh starts. But for many senior student-athletes, spring counts down the final days of their careers. That’s the case for Matt Gallier of the McNeese State Cowboys baseball team and Kaitlin Fox with the Cowgirls golf team.
Gallier is a hometown product who starred at St. Louis Catholic High School in Lake Charles. His father, James Gallier, also played baseball for the Cowboys.
Fox made her way to Lake Charles by way of I-10 from Montgomery, Texas, about a three-hour drive. She shined at Montgomery High School before deciding to pursue her collegiate career at McNeese State.
These two seniors have given their all to wear the blue and yellow, being among the best on their respective teams and great examples to their fellow players.
– Named to Southland Conference Commissioner’s Honor Roll (2013-2015)
– Selected to Southland Conference All-Academic Second Team (2015)
– Finished 2015 as leader in slugging percentage (.467)
– Ended 2016 among top batters in batting average (.290); ranked second on team in on-bat percentage (.418); posted a .924 fielding percentage throughout the season while playing at 3rd Base only
-At time article was written, Gallier is leading team in batting average, home runs, hits and slugging percentage (2017)
– Posted second-best scoring average on the team with a 79.20 (2016 Spring)
– Led team with a 75.57 scoring average (2015 Fall)
– Had two Top 10 finishes and one Top 5 finish in 5 events (2015 Fall)
– Highest Tournament Finish: T-2nd, UAB Fall Beach Blast (Fall 2015)
– Shot a season low round of 71 in the second round of the Bob Hurley Auto ORU Shootout (2014 Fall)
Find out more at mcneesesports.com