Practical tips to de-stress yourself
Let’s face it, life is filled with constant stressors. Work, deadlines, family, and many other “things” that demand seemingly constant attention. In the never-ending balancing act of life, here are some practical tips to help you move through your days a little better, and healthier.
- Stay Hydrated – drink plenty of clean water every day. The solution to pollution is dilution.
- Breathe – find someone to assess your respiratory mechanics and learn how to breathe properly. This cannot be overstated, as improper breathing can literally lock one into a sympathetic, or “fight or flight” state constantly.
- Improve Your Food Quality – choose only certified, organic or biodynamic food as much as possible. Also, support local organic farmers. They are the lifeline of the planet.
- Move – the body is designed to move. Find a form of movement that you enjoy and be sure to move for a minimum of 30 minutes per day. Research shows that 4.5 hours of movement/exercise per week is needed for optimal health and weight normalization in most cases.
- Sleep – Go to bed by 10:30 p.m. and do not wake before 6 a.m. if at all possible. The body is designed to follow the sun and its repair cycles honor a specific circadian (24 hour) rhythm.
- Quiet Time – be sure to take some time to be still and quiet. This can be as simple as sitting on the front/back porch and admiring the beauty of mother nature. Meditation is another great option here.
- Think – spend some time in deep thought each day. Contemplate your dream and legacy, and get out and create that for yourself and the world.
- Do something that is just for you each day. You are important, too.